Thursday 26 February 2015

Its been a while

Hello people, I do hope you are all well.
 Its been a while since I last posted on the blog and a number of friends and family have remarked that I have not updated for a while so I thought I'd better put 'pen to paper' so to speak.
I am keeping well, and thoroughly enjoying living aboard Bracken. Every day I feel the need to pinch myself to make sure i'm not dreaming.

 So far this winter has been very mild, apart from a few heavy frosts that froze the marina over for a few days, and a light dusting of snow back in January, and some gusty conditions, we really can't complain. I can honestly say that so far I have been as warm as toast on Bracken, far warmer than I ever was during the winter time when I lived in the bungalow in Kent.
Talking of Kent, I went down there at the end of January as it was my eldest sons 40th birthday on the 26th. I was supposed to be visiting Beth up north that weekend but decided I couldn't miss the lads 'big four oh ' and as the car needed servicing and I also needed a haircut, I decided to do the lot during the visit 'dan sarf'. I ended up staying for the week courtesy of my friends John and Dee who kindly put up with me, so I was able to spend time with lots of family and friends. It was great catching up with everyone, and seeing how the grandkids are growing up was a real treat.
Beth and I finally had our Christmas meal last weekend. (you may recall that she was ill over Christmas and so I stayed home), well I drove up last Saturday and we had a lovely roast turkey dinner with sprouts, stuffing and all the trimmings, exchanged some gifts that Santa had left, watched some films and generaly chilled out, (as you do) before I drove home on Monday.
Thank you Beth for a very restful weekend.
I've had some regular check ups at Derby hospital and a CT scan just to monitor my health. So far all ok, my consultant Mr Laughane is happy with my progress, I still see him every 4 weeks and Jenny usually accompanies me. So fingers crossed all will remain ok.
Lunch time now, so bfn people.

4 comments:

  1. So glad your recent scans have been clean. Roll on spring, longer days, warmer weather and good cruising!!
    Jaq and LesX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, and fingers xd for Les's continued good health 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Peter, yes i'm fine thanks and working on an update for the blog. :)

      Delete