Monday 28 March 2016

Out with the old, and in with the new (old).

Monday 28th March.

Hello people, well here we are a typical bank holiday. Wet, windy, cold (outside, toasty warm in here).
There's a lot been going on here over the past few weeks, I am SO loving being retired! I'm not gloating, honest, I just enjoy waking up and pottering about at my leisure, listening to birdsong and enjoying the tranquillity of living afloat. Even when its raining, the sound of the rain on the roof of the boat is somehow soothing and peaceful. I think its called 'living the dream'.

I've been painting, only the inside at the moment. Well much as I love the wooden panelling in Bracken, it does make it a bit dark so I decided to paint the galley area the same colour as the ceiling in order to lighten it up a bit.

Well it certainly worked! The galley (kitchen) area is now a nice bright 'Happy Yellow' (that's the name of the paint colour), possibly needs another coat, (it's had 3 so far) but I think it looks great.

The other 'event' that has been taking place is:-
I took the plunge so to speak, and decided to call in RCR (River, Canal, Rescue) and got them to replace the tired, worn out Vetus engine that I fitted last year. You know, the one I bought cheap off Ebay that turned out to be knackered! Yep thats the one!
I really couldn't face going through the business of fitting the replacement myself, not again, so I decided to pay RCR to supply and fit a 1500 BMC with PRM 120 gearbox.


So it was out with the old, and in with the new. Actually it's not new, but second-hand but I'm reliably assured its a good un, and as it comes with a warranty I have no reason to disbelieve them. 


The fitting of the engine to Bracken turned out to be anything but straight forward.
I'll talk more about that later.

Anyway it is in and running now, just need some adjustments to the gear linkage and injectors and I'll be ready to have a mini voyage up the cut, Hurrah!!
More later.
bfn

No comments:

Post a Comment