Saturday 10 June 2017

Part 3

Saturday 10th June.

Well another gloomy day outside, still it's given me chance to bring the blog more or less up to date.
I forgot to mention in yesterdays tale, on the miserable journey back after clearing Colwich lock there was steady rain all the way. Just after passing through Rugely I heard a loud bang as a 'missile' hit the side of Bracken and a further splash as another 'missile' landed in the water. Two half brain 'yoofs' were to be seen running into the trees, busily re-arming themselves with stones as Jennyanydots came into view. I shouted a few descriptive comments in reference to their lack of brain cells, and pushed on, glad to be leaving that  area.
Anne told me later that they too were hit by stones thrown by the same morons, fortunately neither boat sustained damage.
Yards away from a very busy main road, right next to the proverbial shopping trolley, mum and 5 or 6 newly hatched Cygnets. Isn't nature adaptive?

First job back in the Marina was to empty the loo, refill the water tank, and then remove the alternator and take it back to CJS and get it exchanged for a standard 70 amp unit. Less resistance on the drive belt hopefully will cure problem. After refitting the replacement I ran the engine up to temperature and it seems all is ok. I'll do more checks with the inverter switched on later, but at the moment I am halfway through fitting a NASA battery monitor so's in the future I will have a visual reference of the state of charge.
I'm nearly up to date with this blog now but there's a few pictures I'd like to share with you. The earliest were taken back in February after February's post. the rest were taken over the past few weeks and even this morning. Hope you like them.

Not often seen on inland waterways. A Cormorant

After diving into water to catch his dinner, the Cormorant stands with his wings outstretched allowing them to dry in the sunshine.


Not often you see two Robins together as they're quite territorial. I'm pretty sure this pair is Mum and Dad as They are quite regular visitors.

Male parent, Greater Spotted Woodpecker.
See the small red cap on the back of his head.

Has to take the prize for the biggest Ahhhhh!.
Blue-tit feeding youngster.
No wonder Parent looks scruffy whereas youngster is fluffy, Parent works so hard constantly feeding young.

Jay, beautiful bird, but a bit of a predator. A member of the Crow family.
He was watching me, and well aware I was there.


Tree creeper.

Not my best photo but good show of markings on this Female Greater Spotted Woodpecker urging junior back to the nest. He's actually hidden in front of her.

Junior. Large red cap on his/her head. Adult males have small red cap on back of head, not visible on female.
This photo taken this morning.

Nearly finished, just one more photo to go.

A regular visitor, Matilda duck having a snooze on my roof.
Bfn people.

1 comment: