Friday 8 November 2013

The purchase

Bracken was built in 1994 and was fitted out by the first owner who was also a professional carpenter/joiner. The hull was built by Dabon Engineering to a 10.6.4 specification. That means the base plate was 10mm, the hull sides were 6mm and the cabin 4mm, that is steel thickness's.
So we have a one owner boat, less than 20 years old that has been blacked regulary and with a fairly new BSC . Ok it didn't tick all of the boxes on my wish list, but since i was working to a very tight budget i considered it was very good value. And anyway i really liked the boat. :)
I made an offer subject to survey,  it was accepted and the survey was carried out on November 1st.
The survey showed the hull to be in good condition for a 19 year old boat apart from a couple of recommendations for future attention. I paid the balance, and i am now the proud owner of NB Bracken.

I bought Bracken through New and Used Boat Co at Mercia Marina at Willington. (up the Trent and Mersey). 
I have arranged to keep Bracken at Kings Bromley Marina as it is closer to where my brother and sister live. So obviously I'm going to move the boat soon, a kind of maiden voyage for me, fortunately my brother is coming too, think I'm going to need him!

No comments:

Post a Comment