Saturday 27 December 2014

The best laid plans............?

Saturday 27th December.


What is it they say about the best laid plans of mice and men?
The plan was to spend a few days over Christmas with Beth. Unfortunately when we spoke on the phone Wednesday morning it became obvious she was not well as she had come home from work and was feeling pretty lousy, was running a high temperature, and with a hacking cough. So, as my immune system is pretty non existent, it seemed a bit risky for me to spend time in that environment. The bug had gone through her daughters family a couple of weeks earlier so it was obviously just looking for a new 'host' to adopt. So anyway I stayed home on Bracken. I could have contacted  G and J or Jenny and I'm sure I would have been very welcome at their festivities but I decided to spend Christmas day at home.
First job was to hit Morrisons supermarket for some Christmas grub and generally get myself organised.
I was already well stocked up with coal and wood blocks so there was no question that I would be warm enough, and trust me, I was!
Christmas morning was bright and clear so after showering and poking the fire into life it was on with the Christmas Jumper!

Courtesy of Graham and Jaq as I'm a great fan of the Despicable films.
I got my neighbour to take the pic, great innit! I sent it to most of the family and they all thought it was great.
I enjoyed my day, ate loads of food and even renewed my taste for Glenfiddich scotch, After my chemo and radio treatment I didn't enjoy the taste so stopped having any 'tipples' however I'm pleased to report the taste buds seem to have recovered and I am SOOOOO glad I kept a couple of bottles in the cupboard, 'just in case'.  I had a lovely day, didnt need to go anywhere and chilled out with plenty to eat and lots of texts to various members of the family. And of course I had total control of the TV remote!
 I tell you what , I slept like a log that night!
Yesterday, (boxing day) started off quiet tho frosty. Jenny popped in when she heard I was at home and in the evening I picked her and Charlotte up and we went to G and J for a Turkey curry dinner which was delicious.
 It was snowing on the way there so driving conditions were a bit iffy but it seemed to thaw during the evening, and we thought it would disappear..... until we came to leave! There was still quite a bit laying but we made it back ok.
Kinda pretty aint it?

Insulation seems to be doing its job as only the snow round the chimney has melted.


Paul and I filled the water tanks on both boats today, the white boat is his so filling both boats together makes sense.
I'll write more later.
Bfn.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you looking well, improving all the time it seems !
    If you run a facebook page look me up ! contact is a lot easier that way !
    All the Best
    Andy Bolton

    ReplyDelete