Sunday 12 June 2016

lazing on a Sunday afternoon.

Its raining.

Hello people,
Well as the title says, I'm having a lazy day today, we've had some rain over the past couple of days. After a few days of very hot weather, almost too hot and humid at times the weather seems to have broken.
So as it is not the weather for sitting out I thought I would take the opportunity to write a few lines and also post some pictures taken over the past 6 months. Most of the pictures are of the bird life that I see regularly on my bird feeders. Some are daily visitors, others I only see rarely and when I do it's a real treat. So here we go.
Taken in May



Baby Bluetits waiting to be fed, mum just about to land from above and Robin watching the coming and going.

Female Blackbird

Common Starling, but such beautiful colours.

Great Spotted Woodpecker



A couple of Tree Sparrows with a Bluetit looking on.

Moorhen

Pair of Long tailed Tits, not often seen as they are very timid birds.

Mrs Moorhen legging it up the tree.

 There are several Moorhen in the Marina, but as far as I know only the one that climbs the tree to get at my bird feeders.
No wonder she's the size she is! The amount of seed she gets through!

Adult Great Spotted Woodpecker notice the white plumage and red rump, also notice this was taken in February.

Moorhen with her one remaining chick. She started with 4 but nature being the way it is, she's now down to one.

Heron waiting for his dinner to swim by.



I'm sorry the photos are a bit out of sequence, I did try to keep them in date order but for some reason they didn't upload that way.
Very young Bluetits clamouring to be fed.


This could be young Green woodpecker.



Or possibly a young Great Spotted Woodpecker that hasn't developed its adult plumage yet.

Anne's boat with the solar lights on a warm clear night, taken around 10pm.

Well that's about it for now people. Hope you like the pics.
bfn










3 comments: