Friday 8 August 2014

Just 'chillin'

Friday 8th August.

I've spent the last couple of days pottering about doing little jobs. Nothing really exciting to report, but lots of little fiddly jobs that seem to take more time to sort out than a major rebuild!
I spent yesterday evening at Jenny's. She had done a massive spagbog and Peter and Sam, and Charlotte, (my niece) and I, thoroughly enjoyed it Thanks little sis.


The second coat of paint makes the flue pipe look much better.
It'll be interesting to see how the paint reacts when the stove is lit. According to the tin it can withstand temperatures up to 200 deg C.    Hmmm we'll see!
I ran the engine up today just to put some charge in the batteries, and was pleased to see the bilge pump seems to be doing its job as there was only a small amount of water in there.

Back to Kent tomorrow to dispose of the remaining furniture and to keep a couple of hospital appointments.
Graham is going to follow me down to Kent for the weekend and bring back a car load, which hopefully will just leave me to bring the last items with me at the end of the month! I'd best make sure Grahams car is FULL!  :)
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment