Sunday 31 August 2014

Nearly time to say "goodbye Kent"

Saturday 30th August.


Sitting on my one remaining sofa, surrounded by boxes. In a couple of hours time I'm on my way to Medway hospital to lose the Peg (feeding) tube from my stomach.
Tomorrow the remaining sofa and my sooooo comfortable double bed will be gone, and then when i've cleaned up and vacuumed round, so will I.
180 miles away is 'Bracken' waiting for me to take up permanent residence aboard, and you know, I CANT WAIT !!
Peg tube out, so I spent the evening loading the car up ready for Sunday.  Poor little Polo, loaded up to the roof again. God only knows where I'm going to put all the stuff on the boat. Methinks some might have to go to Jenny's.

Sunday 31st

Bev and Darren arrived with the van to load up the remaining sofa, my sooooo comfy bed and a few other items they had kindly offered to dispose of for me.
Thanks Bev, and thanks Darren for all your help in clearing my place out, I would have really struggled on my own. You could have knocked me down with a feather seeing Darren pick up that old Toshiba CRT widescreen television on his own, and carry it out to the car for dumping. I couldn't even move it never mind pick it up!!
After a good vacuuming throughout, and having noted all the meter readings, I prepared to leave for good.




A few minutes contemplation before I shut and locked the front door for the last time.
Bracken, here I come.


No comments:

Post a Comment