Saturday 8 November 2014

A visitor and a visitor!

It's Saturday and its raining, just for a change, ha! So I thought I'd take the opportunity to bring the blog up to date.
I've had a brilliant week.
On Monday after I'd topped up the water tank, Jenny arrived and  after we'd had a coffee she drove us over to Tamworth for some retail therapy. Now I have to say normally I don't 'do' shopping, but this just entailed going to one store, collecting something she'd reserved on line, loading it into the car and moving on to the next stop. I don't mind that kind of shopping.  (I cant say what it was we collected cos the intended recipient of said item might read this).
Next stop was Halfords in Lichfield. 
The other evening one of the overhead lights in Bracken had blown a bulb so I was looking for a replacement. The blown bulb was a 12 volt 15 watt normal incandescent bulb, well Halfords don't stock that rating so I looked on-line and after some research decided to replace with some LED bulbs from a company called Bedazzled  Click here  Not cheap but definitely an upgrade for 'Bracken'. I bought two to replace the saloon wall lights at a cost of £13 each and they work a treat. Also I was impressed with the fast next 
day delivery. 


Old incandescent bulb.
.....and the light from it.


New LED bulb....
....and the light from it






















After our shopping trip Jenny and I went for lunch at a place called 'The hedgehog'.
It's a Bed and Breakfast with a restaurant and does good food at a reasonable price. Just outside Lichfield town centre it has a nice warm atmosphere and pleasant staff. Click here .
After lunch it was back to Bracken for coffee and a chat.

Tuesday 4th November.

Beth drove down to visit and spend the day with me! 
The last time I saw her was when I was in hospital and she did a 100 mile detour in her journey just to come see me so it was great to spend time with her on Bracken and to catch up on her news. Also she said how well I was looking compared to the last time she saw me.
It was just a flying visit as she had work the next day, but enough time to go round to the Hedgehog for lunch and a nice long afternoon chat before she left to return home.

Thursday 6th November.

My second visitor of the week, and a first time on board Bracken was my youngest son Simon.
He drove up from Gillingham in Kent on a flying visit just to see me!
The last time I saw him was when he joined me, John, Dee and Phil for lunch at the Tudor Rose carvery in Kent back in September so it was great to see him again. He came on his own as it was to be a quick overnight visit returning to Kent on Friday as Emma (my daughter-in-law) was looking after the kids and was due to work the weekend.
He arrived around 5.30 Thursday eve so we went down to the Fradley Frier for fish and chips and then over to Graham and Jaqs for a chat and a catch up for the evening.

Friday morning Simon wandered down to the shower block after which I cooked breakfast and then we pottered around on Bracken, cleaning out and relighting the fire and topping up the water tank in between showers (the rain variety) and then popped down to the garden centre where Jenny works to say hi as its quite some time since Simon saw his Auntie Jenny!



Lunchtime seemed like a good excuse to adjourn to the Hedgehog for something to eat after which it was round to Morrisons  for a few supplies and then back to Bracken.
We spent the afternoon chilling out and chatting and watching some tv until the time came for Si to leave for home. He left around 9 ish in the evening and texted me when he got home to Gillingham around 11.45 so at well under 3 hours he made very good time.
"Excellent seeing you son, and spending time with you, even if only for 24 hours. Hope next time I'll see Emma and the girls-  Neve` and Erin".





No comments:

Post a Comment