Thursday 27 November 2014

catch up time

Thursday 27th November.

Hello people, doesnt time fly sometimes. 
Well winter is definitely just around the corner. This was the view from the back deck earlier this week,


and not particularly early in the day either, around 9 am ish I think.

The sun came out later and the frost gradually disappeared, but it was certainly a 'fresh start' to the day.
Its been a while since I last posted and I've had a few communications from friends asking how i'm doing so this is to bring people up to date.
I could tell you that I've been so busy that I've not had time to write, but to be honest my idea of being busy is more like pottering about and taking things slowly.
Healthwise, I'm improving all the time, my wounds are healing nicely, the swelling in my neck and throat has diminished considerably which also means the lower jaw is much more moveable therefore eating is less of a trial. I don't tire so quickly now, whereas before any physical exertion would leave me gasping for breath and flaked out in the armchair, now I have considerably more stamina, so much so I've been over to G and J's house a couple of times drilling the wall in the garage for shelf brackets. (Did I tell you they finally moved)?
Ok so after drilling each hole I had to have a sit down, but to me that's real progress.
Also, I am now capable of pretty much all the day to day maintenance tasks involved in living on Bracken. Things like topping up the water tank, emptying the loo cassette, emptying the ash can from the fire, filling the coal boxes front and rear, sucking out the rainwater from the engine bilge, these are all jobs that need to be carried out on a regular basis and all involve a certain amount of physical exertion. 
Well, I am able to deal with all this now although I must admit I struggled with changing the gas bottle the other week! Lifting the empty one out of the gas locker wasn't too bad, putting it in the back of the car and taking it to the compound was fine too. However, humping the full replacement from the car and into the gas locker did leave me flaked out in the armchair!! Next time I'll do the sensible thing and take the boat to the gas and NOT the other way round!
I am fascinated by spiders webs.



As next doors boat is out of marina for a while, an alternative view of Bracken.

Time for some lunch, so I'll publish this now and write more later.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Dave
    Nice to read your health is improving. Just be careful mate as it`s so easy to overdo it.
    Les

    ReplyDelete