Friday 29 May 2015

Its been an even longer while.

Well here we are, well into the year. It hardly seems like a couple of weeks ago it was February and I was bringing the blog up to date, and now here we are almost into June.
I must have been very busy during the last few months, and yet when i think back over the period I don't recollect feeling under pressure to hurry anything. But then that's the way of living afloat, there IS NO hurry.
When you talk about being 'busy' it conjures up an impression of having lots of jobs to do, and not enough time to do them all.
Well so far I've found life afloat to be quite the opposite. Yes there are jobs to do, but there isn't the urgency to complete each task asap, therefore you tend to pace yourself, and enjoy living 'the dream',
 And I do! I guess thats what retirement is all about. I am very content with life, although living on a fixed income is a little worrying at times, like when your engine goes caput! (more of that later)
So what have I been up to since February? Stripped, primed, and topcoated the roof, stripped and rustproofed and painted the well deck, removed, resealed and refitted the storage boxes on the back deck, had my 66th birthday,  had a visit from my friend from the north, -Beth, painted the ceiling right through Bracken,  had a visit from Bev and Darren, had a canal trip down to Tamworth and back, blew up the engine on Bracken and had to limp back to the marina! and that kind of brings us up to date!
Over the next few posts i'll fill in some details.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to read about your adventures Dave. Hope this last month hasn't disturbed your tranquility too much? I'll have to get Zac to start updating his blog again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tranquillity is only enhanced by my pleasant neighbours, aren't I fortunate :) Glad you like the blog.

      Delete