Sunday 20 July 2014

Saturday and Sunday

After Friday nights thunder and lightning storm, Saturday was a day of dodging showers.
Graham and Jaq were out Saturday night so I went down to Jennies and enjoyed sharing a take away with Jenny, Peter and Sam. A lovely eve was had by all, with lots of chat and catching up and no tele!
I slept like a log that night, and it was only my alarm that woke me Sunday morning. It was a beautiful morning and so  after a wander down to the shower block I came back and did myself bacon and eggs for breakfast, followed by a cup of coffee. What a perfect way to start the day!
After washing up, I washed a few 'smalls' out and hung them on an airer on the well deck to dry. Then i spent some time catching up with the blog till Graham phoned and invited me to join them for lunch at the 'Wych Elm carvery in Burntwood. Nice meal and quite generous portions too.
Jenny had text me to let me know she'd found a set of shelves she thought I could do something with so I popped down to where she works and picked them up. With a little fettling they'll do nicely.


Tomorrows project, then I'll have somewhere to put some of my books when I bring them up, I do so love a good read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment