Wednesday 29 October 2014

Visitors and out and about.

On Monday eve I had some very welcome visitors from Kent.




As the schools are on a break, Darren and Bev drove up to see me for a few days. You may remember Bev and Darren helped tremendously when I was vacating my bungalow prior to moving onto Bracken so it was really great to see them again. As they didn't arrive till around 5.30 Jenny invited us all to her house for dinner. They're staying at a Travelodge off the A38 which is only a 15 minute drive from the Marina so yesterday they drove over to me and we went into Lichfield and round the town. Darren lifted my electric buggy out of the boot of the Polo and assembled it for me as its a bit heavy for me to lift yet, then we were off and mobile. 
As a boy, I grew up in Lichfield so although the city has grown since then, there are numerous places I remember 'as a lad' so to speak.
As a visitor, a look round the cathedral is a must, lots of information on this link.

 Bev and Darren are centre of picture.
view down central nave


















After Breakfast (for them), lunch, (for me) we had a look round the cathedral and the town and the local park where we met up with Jenny, Jemma, (my neice) and Jemma's two lads, all out for a stroll, after which we popped over to Jaq's as it was her day off and had a quick coffee and natter.
By now I was pretty shattered so we came back to the boat, and I chilled out for a while whilst Bev and Darren went off to do their own thing. they came back later in the evening for a coffee and chat but didn't stay long as it was obvious I wasn't going to be able to stay awake long!


A grand day.

Today, (Wednesday) I think they've gone shopping somewhere so I've had a lay in, done some washing and brought the blog up to date. This afternoon we're going to pop in on Jenny at the garden centre where she works and then this evening its a chippie night at Graham and Jaq's, busy busy!
bfn people.

2 comments: