Monday 6 October 2014

Gardening, an Indian takeaway and movie night.

Monday morning, 6th October.

View out of back window across stern deck. Tiller arm is turned 90 deg.

Its raining! it's chucking it down! It's also blowing a gale out there! I know this because I ventured out this morning to the shower block.
Although its quite sheltered in the marina the wind is certainly moving the boat around on the mooring. Not an unpleasant movement, but enough to remind you that you are most definitely afloat!
Aboard 'Bracken' I am comfortably warm and dry. I lit the fire this morning after i'd had some breakfast, and washed out a few 'smalls' in the sink before hanging them to dry on the rail over the fire. (i'll spare you the photos of my 'smalls'). 
So it's quite warm and cozy in here and i'm attempting to bring the blog up to date before my meeting with my consultant oncologist later today.
I did some gardening last week, by visiting my sister at the Garden center where she works I was able to buy some grit, compost, and plants to fill my first tub. 

Looks nice I think and draws the eye away from the scabby roof!
Saturday evening was spent at Jenny's where we enjoyed an Indian takeaway, (very yummy) before watching one of my favourite dvd's - Despicable Me 2. Thats only the 4th time i've watched it!
Yesterday morning, (Sunday) I popped down to Graham and Jaq's and we treated ourselves to a cooked breakfast at a cafe on the A5 just outside Cannock. Super!
I spent the afternoon and evening just chilling out and reading in front of the wood burner aboard Bracken. Very lazy day for me :-) 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment