Sunday 14 June 2015

Home and settled.

Sunday 14th June.

Finally back in the marina, moored safely in my usual spot after a good and peaceful nights sleep. All thanks to Paul, my neighbour and my bro Grummy who very kindly came and hauled me back to the marina yesterday afternoon in the drizzling rain. I so wish I'd taken photos of Paul and Grummy trudging up the tow-path, like a couple of shire horses hauling Bracken on the end of tow ropes. I didn't like to ask them to pose in the drizzling rain for fear of being left on my own!
Once we got to the marina we used the poles to 'punt' Bracken onto the mooring.
Tomorrow I shall obtain some degreaser and some oil absorbant pads (nappies) to begin the clean up.

Notice the carefully cultivated stinging nettle on the rear fender (button), I keep removing it and it just re-grows!

A couple of photos to show how much higher in the water the stern is without the weight of the 'lump' (engine).


bfn.



No comments:

Post a Comment