Friday 19 June 2015

Stage 2 continues.

Friday 19th June.

I've had a productive day today, not so much on the boat but 'other' things like, monthly check up at Derby hospital with my consultant Mr Laughan. All seems OK so far, and he commented how well I'm looking.
Back home and succeeded in filling in and then posting a rather in-depth form to the DWP, (pensions). Then a good ring around to book the hire of a van at the end of the month to travel down 'sarf' to pick up what I hope will be a replacement engine for Bracken! More about that later.
This week I have been busy with stage two of the engine bay, i.e. the clean up. On Monday I went out and bought the necessary cleaning stuff like biodegradable degreaser, disposable wipes, etc. etc. and set to down in the depths of the engine 'ole. With my feet in plastic bags as I don't own a pair of wellies, and wearing old clothes under a boiler suit, and armed with rubber gloves and a 'Benny hat' I waded in.
By late afternoon Monday, this.......... 

had become more like this.........


And the area in front of where the engine sat was also starting to look better.......

After degreasing, I'd started painting the walls but then decided to scrape the flaky paint away back to bare metal.

Once it's dried out it will be painted.
I've left it a couple of days as I want to give the floor (which is actually the base plate) time to dry out before painting it as once the replacement engine is in it wont be so easily accessable.
That's tomorrows job.


I couldn't resist putting this picture in. 
Mrs Moorhen up the tree again to get at the seed feeders. When the seed gets low she grips the perching peg in her beak and bangs it to make the seed fall to the bottom, how clever is that!
Bfn.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment