Tuesday 2 September 2014

Quart into a pint pot will go!

Anyone who is familiar with narrow boats will  know that storage space is in very short supply and although I thought I had whittled down my possessions into keeping just what was necessary, it became obvious during the unloading that I still had too much unnecessary 'baggage' !
I had just commenced unloading when I had my first visitors. My very dearest friends of many years  John, Dee and their youngest son Phil.
 John and I go back many years, before either of us was married in fact.
 I was best man at his wedding and he was best man at mine so there's obviously a lot of history there.
They were in the Midlands visiting their eldest son and family and called in to see me before they headed home to Kent. It was only after they left I realised I hadn't taken any photos of their visit! Next time for sure.
Jenny arrived just before they left fortunately, so was able to 'catch up'.
My sister is the perfect partner to help sort what to keep and what to not keep. But beware, she is ruthless! "David why do you need 4 skillets?"and, "You don't want that old whisk its rusty, and why do you need so many odd forks and spoons and knives? and why do you want 4 chopping boards?!!" and then would you believe it, my sister STOLE some of my teaspoons!! Just because I had about 15 of them she nicked some! I can see I'm going to have to keep an eye on her when she visits in future. And then if that wasn't bad enough, she made me throw away my pyjama bottoms, the ones with the snowflakes pattern! I'd had them for years and never wore them but thats not the point! Huh, sisters!
She kindly took a number of things back to her house to store for me, promising not to sell them without telling me first so i suppose I shouldn't begrudge her half a dozen teaspoons and two wooden chopping boards should I.  (I retrieved the whisk out of the rubbish box. Ha ha!)
Looking aft, more like home now the Spitfire picture is hung. (actually it's screwed to the wall, not hung)

Porridge in the morning now the microwave is here.

Having trouble finding homes for all my fridge magnets
The car beneath Monet poppies is Johns MG Magnette, totally restored by him over the course of 3 years.

Memento Vivere, it's Latin for 'Remember to Live'. Very apt.




No comments:

Post a Comment