Saturday 20 September 2014

Time spent with friends.......

It wasn't all doom and gloom in Kent. I stayed with my good friends John and Dee as I no longer have a residence 'dan sarf' and they made me very welcome. In between hospital appointments I was able to 'tidy my affairs' so to speak, pay bills in other words, and also visit friends and relations.
On Sunday 14th I took John, Dee and their son Philip to the Tudor Rose carvery for Sunday lunch by way of a thank you for not only 'putting me up' but also for 'putting up with me'. My youngest son Simon also joined us for lunch and a good nosh was had by all!
Glad we weren't arm wrestling for the bill !

Dee and Phil.
Dee on her 4th glasss of vino!

The Great One!

I can recommend the Tudor Rose for good food at reasonable prices. Situated near Sittingbourne Kent I have eaten there many times, and thoroughly enjoy their Sunday carvery.


Back on 'Bracken' I've been pottering about, doing a few odd jobs and generaly enjoying my new leisurely  lifestyle.. One little  job has been to fit a motion sensitive light into what was a dark corner  where the fridge lives.
Ok in daylight but a dark corner as evening comes.

Battery powered LED light with motion sensor...........

.........so when you reach under to open the door, hey presto the light comes on.

Actually works well in the dark, light comes on as you walk past without opening fridge door.

Today, (Saturday 20th) was a damp and gloomy morning. After the recent dry and summer like weather today it was raining, so I decided to light the fire. Not because it was cold but because I wanted to 'prove' the fresh paintwork on the stove whilst I could have the doors open front and rear of the boat to let the fumes escape! Glad I did too, the smell was overpowering to say the least as the temperature  went up.
Seemed like a good time to top up the water tank and wash down the outside of the boat where all the sooty deposits from the chimney had settled.
After a half hour or so the fumes and smell had gone and it was ok to go below.


I let the fire go out as it wasn't really needed but at least when I do need the fire it wont stink me out!





No comments:

Post a Comment